NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq stock market:
Murphy Oil Corp., down 51 cents to $15.87
The oil and gas company fell as the price of crude continues to tumble.
Most Read Business Stories
- MacKenzie Scott, billionaire philanthropist, files for divorce
- With 2 MAX models at risk, Congress moves to give Boeing a break
- Amazon urges some call center staff to work from home, plans closings
- Amazon will close all but one U.S. customer call center
- First all-new, electric commuter airplane takes flight at Moses Lake
IBM Corp., down $6.25 to $121.86
The commercial tech giant said its revenue fell for the 15th consecutive quarter.
Beazer Homes USA Inc., down 70 cents to $7.92
Beazer and other homebuilders fell after the Commerce Department said housing starts decreased in December.
GNC Holdings Inc., up $1.47 to $25.03
The nutritional supplement retailer said its adjusted profit for 2015 will be at the high end of its previous estimates.
Amphenol Corp., up $1.09 to $46.51
The fiber-optic products maker reported strong fourth-quarter results.
Advanced Micro Devices Inc., down 15 cents to $1.80
The chipmaker’s first-quarter revenue forecast fell short of Wall Street expectations.
Spirit Airlines Inc., up $4.10 to $42
The airline said its profit margins will be better than expected and costs for aircraft rent, maintenance and other items will be lower.
Zafgen Inc., up $4.42 to $10.04
The company said a drug succeeded in a clinical trial. The study evaluated beloranib as a treatment for a rare genetic disorder.