Online shopping continues to gain in popularity among consumers, and a
simple mistake or assumption about a retail website’s security, however, can increase the possibility of fraud or even identity theft.
Several websites offer good advice about shopping safely online. Here are some that are worth a visit:
OnGuardOnline.com: Presents basic, yet key safety tips for online shopping. onguardonline.gov /articles/0020-shopping-online
Better Business Bureau: Offers 10 online shopping safety tips for the holiday season. bbb.org/us/article/cyber-monday-great-deals-to-be-had-but-watch-out-for-scams-30795
Most Read Business Stories
- REI picks new satellite office ‘surrounded by trail networks’
- Judge upholds Seattle eviction regulations, rebuffing landlords' lawsuit
- Fry's Electronics executive accused of embezzling $65 million
- Funky electronics chain Fry's is no more
- Alaska Airlines ordered to pay $3.2M to family of woman who died after escalator fall
FindLaw: Highlights steps to avoid scams and maximize a safe online shopping experience. http://consumer.findlaw.com/consumer-transactions/how-do-i-shop-safely-online.html
Safeshopping.org: Features 10 tips to review before embarking on an online shopping spree. safeshopping.org/tips.shtml
AARP: Offers safety tips for shopping from non-retail sellers, such as online classifieds, auctions and marketplaces.