Just about every motorist worries about fluctuating gas prices, especially when those prices trend upward. So drivers need every edge they can get to save money at the pump.
One area where motorists can take action is with driving habits and car-maintenance schedules, which can help improve a vehicle’s mileage.
What measures can motorists exercise to get the most out of a full tank of gas? Several websites provide tips and insights.
Alliance to Save Energy: Provides driving, vehicle maintenance and commuting tips to help lower fuel costs. ase.org/resources/fuel-efficiency-top-tips-save-gas-and-money
Most Read Business Stories
- 6 Dr. Seuss books won't be published for racist images
- Frontier cancels flight, citing maskless passengers
- Biden vows enough vaccine for all US adults by end of May
- Amazon sued by Black cloud-computing manager over alleged racial discrimination and sexual harassment
- The penthouse atop Smith Tower is on the rental market for the first time
Car Care: Covers several gas-saving topics, with additional tips. carcare.org/2011/10/how-to-save-gas
Edmunds.com: Offers five key maintenance tips that can help save gas. edmunds.com/ownership/maintenance/articles/105528/article.html
Federal Trade Commission: Interactive graphic highlights parts of the car for gas-saving tips. ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/energysavings/savegas/flash.html
FuelEconomy.gov: Department of Energy website spotlights gas-saving tips related to driving habits, auto maintenance and choice of vehicle. fueleconomy.gov/feg/drive.shtml