NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee company has issued a recall of Southgate Hot Dog Chili Sauce distributed in 13 states due to mislabeling.
Vietti Foods in Nashville said it is recalling approximately 200 cases of 15-ounce cans of the chili sauce, UPC 0 71846 95242 6, LOT # P642 M1217 70026, marked on the bottom of the can.
Vietti said some of the cans may contain dumplings with chicken, which contains egg and wheat not listed on the label, and could cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in people with allergies.
The product was distributed through retail stores in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin.
Most Read Business Stories
- T-Mobile's brash CEO sprints to top of best-paid leaders at Pacific Northwest companies
- Boeing faces largest quarterly loss in its history after a $4.9 billion financial hit due to 737 MAX grounding
- Northwest CEOs saw a lopsided bump in equity pay
- Runaway executive pay is distorting the economy and aggravating inequality | Jon Talton
- Toys R Us is back from the dead, but its new stores are unrecognizable
No illnesses have been reported in connection with this problem.
Return cans to place of purchase for a refund.