The parent of HomeStreet Bank has agreed to buy two bank branches in West Seattle and Bainbridge Island from AmericanWest Bank.
It’s the first branch acquisition by Seattle-based HomeStreet since it held a public stock offering nearly 18 months ago to strengthen its capital base.
The branches have a combined $36.5 million in deposits. Employees at both branches will be offered jobs with HomeStreet when the deal closes, which is expected within three months, the company said.
HomeStreet will then have 19 deposit-taking branches in the Puget Sound region .
Most Read Business Stories
- The penthouse atop Smith Tower is on the rental market for the first time
- Downtowns will be back, but Seattle has choices to make
- Boutique cruise line Windstar will move its Seattle headquarters to Miami
- Zillow’s price estimates are now cash offers in homebuying push
- US advisers endorse single-shot COVID-19 vaccine from J&J