PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — From G.I. Joe to My Little Pony, toy maker Hasbro says it’s holding the first-ever convention to bring all of its brands together.
The Pawtucket, Rhode Island-based company says its HASCON family and fan event will be held in Providence in September. Tickets went on sale this week.
Among those scheduled to participate are 94-year-old Spider-Man co-creator Stan Lee, YouTube stars Dude Perfect, actors who have voiced Transformers and My Little Pony cartoons and Candace Payne, who became a social media sensation with a Facebook video of herself in a Hasbro-made Chewbacca mask.
The toy company has been venturing more into the entertainment industry in recent years, capitalizing on brands such as Transformers, G.I. Joe., Monopoly and Magic: The Gathering to move into films, TV and video games.
Most Read Business Stories
- She bought a house in Seattle for $36,000 in 1973. How can she release some cash?
- Next time your Seattle landlord hikes the rent, you may be eligible for help
- When private jets ferry billionaires to small-town Idaho
- Big Tech's newest thing? This Seattle author predicted it 30 years ago
- How to scrub yourself from the internet, the best that you can