CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — Troy Harper scored 10 of his 17 points in the last three minutes as Drexel rallied from seven points down to clip Charleston 79-78 when Harper scored three straight free throws with one second remaining on Thursday night.
Harper was 5 of 13 from the floor but made 7 of 8 free throws. Trevor John led the Dragons (8-10, 2-3 Colonial Athletic Association) with 22 points and five 3-pointers, Alihan Demir added 20.
Charleston (13-4, 2-2) led for all but 3:05 of the game and was ahead 77-70 after Brevin Galloway and Zep Jasper Jasper scored back-to-back, but Harper took over in the final 2:56, with three layups and five free throws. Drexel was down 78-77 when Harper was fouled on a 3-point attempt. After he made two to tie, Campbell called a 30-second timeout, but Harper was unfazed and sank the winning free throw.
Grant Riller led Charleston with 18 points.
Most Read Business Stories
- Is an iPad enough to train Boeing 737 MAX pilots? Famed pilot Sullenberger says he has a better idea
- Airbus racks up more orders over stricken Boeing at Paris Air Show
- Airbus roiled by secret Boeing order for 737 MAX jets that stole the Paris show
- British Airways parent company delivers a massive vote of confidence in the Boeing 737 MAX
- Dish is near a $6 billion deal for T-Mobile, Sprint assets
Charleston was previously unbeaten in six home games this season. The Cougars were stunned on Saturday, losing at James Madison, 69-58. That loss snapped a 10-game winning streak.