The Port of Seattle Commission Tuesday re-elected Stephanie Bowman and Courtney Gregoire to serve as co-presidents in 2015.
“We began 2014 with a focus on critical issues including enhancing the competitiveness of our seaport, finding the right executive leadership for the port, and expanding job opportunities in our communities,” Gregoire said. “We made great progress over the past year and we look forward to building on these gains in 2015.”
Gregoire was appointed to the Port of Seattle Commission in 2013 and is an attorney for Microsoft and the daughter of former Gov. Christine Gregoire.
Bowman, also appointed in 2013, is executive director of the Washington Asset Building Coalition, a group that promotes ways for middle- and low-income people to earn, save and invest money.
Most Read Stories
- Everett’s bikini baristas head to federal court to argue for freedom of exposure
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
- Anthony Bourdain's 'Parts Unknown' came to Seattle: What did you think of the episode?
- Parents, adult son believed dead in Sammamish murder-suicide
- Look at some of the weird places people put shared bikes in Seattle
John Creighton will serve as vice president, Tom Albro as secretary and Bill Bryant as assistant secretary.