MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — General Mills is voluntarily recalling some bags of its Gold Medal Unbleached Flour because of salmonella concerns.
The 5-pound (2.26 kilograms) bags have a “better if used by” date of April 20, 2020 and the UPC code 000-16000-19610-0. Customers should discard the product.
The company says it discovered salmonella during sampling of the product, but it has not received “any direct consumer reports of confirmed illnesses.”
General Mills says all other types of Gold Medal Flour are not affected.
Most Read Business Stories
- Belltown condo building is a hive of Airbnb guests
- Amazon critics, competitors use Prime Day as a platform
- Boeing's role in moon missions helped launch Seattle as tech center
- Amazon's Prime Day: 5 things to know before you shop
- We've just lived through the greatest period of restaurant growth in U.S. history. Here's why it's ending.
Salmonella can lead to fever, diarrhea, nausea and abdominal pain.