MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — General Mills is voluntarily recalling some bags of its Gold Medal Unbleached Flour because of salmonella concerns.
The 5-pound (2.26 kilograms) bags have a “better if used by” date of April 20, 2020 and the UPC code 000-16000-19610-0. Customers should discard the product.
The company says it discovered salmonella during sampling of the product, but it has not received “any direct consumer reports of confirmed illnesses.”
General Mills says all other types of Gold Medal Flour are not affected.
Most Read Business Stories
- New questions emerge around REI CEO's undisclosed relationship
- Password managers have a security flaw, but you should still use one
- Socialism is gaining in popularity, and today's capitalism is to blame | Jon Talton
- Your password has likely been stolen. Here's what to do about it.
- Seattle construction still booming and won't end anytime soon
Salmonella can lead to fever, diarrhea, nausea and abdominal pain.