U.S. stock futures are rising sharply ahead of this week's two-day policy meeting of the U.S. Federal Reserve.
U.S. stock futures are rising sharply ahead of this week’s two-day policy meeting of the U.S. Federal Reserve.
Dow Jones futures are up 124 points to 15,112. S&P futures have added 14.3 points to 1,632.70. Nasdaq futures are up 29 points to 2,966.
Markets have been roiled by uncertainty for several weeks regarding the Fed’s commitment to a massive bond-buying program that has kept interest rates low and money flowing in domestic and global markets.
The consensus appears to be that while those programs will end, it will be some time before they do, and that it will happen when the economy in better shape. The Fed wraps up its meeting Wednesday.
Most Read Business Stories
- 6 Dr. Seuss books won't be published for racist images
- Frontier cancels flight, citing maskless passengers
- Biden vows enough vaccine for all US adults by end of May
- Amazon sued by Black cloud-computing manager over alleged racial discrimination and sexual harassment
- Texas becomes biggest US state to lift COVID-19 mask mandate
The National Association of Home Builders releases its housing market index for June on Monday.