NEW YORK (AP) — Ford and Mahindra Group are teaming up to develop a small electric vehicle and some new SUVs.
The companies, which partnered with each other in September, said Thursday that they’ve signed five new memoranda of understanding that will speed up the development of key products for consumers in India and emerging markets.
The companies plan to co-develop a midsize SUV that’ll be sold independently by both businesses as separate brands. They also agreed to evaluate co-development of a compact SUV and electric vehicle.
Teams from both companies will continue to work together for up to three years to develop further ways to cooperate.
Most Read Business Stories
- Amazon Go is moving toward the suburbs, starting in Mill Creek
- All flights in and out of Paine Field canceled Monday as 5G bars regional jets
- Boeing reports net loss in 2021 as cost of 787 delivery halt soars to $5.5 billion
- Seattle home-price growth heats up a bit as much of U.S. cools
- Washington attorney general sues Google over location tracking
Shares of Ford Motor Co., based in Dearborn, Michigan, fell 2 percent to $10.88 in midday trading.