MILAN (AP) — Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is tapping executives from Amazon and Shell Oil Company with previous automotive industry experience to fill its ranks.
CEO Mike Manley said in a letter to employees Thursday that Mark Stewart would join FCA as chief operating officer of North America from Amazon, “a company known for its culture of innovation, and obsession with delivering incredible value to customers.”
At Amazon, Stewart led teams focused on advanced robotics, artificial intelligence and automation methods. He previously was COO of ZF TRW automotive components supplier.
Niel Golightly was named head of global communications. He was most recently Shell’s vice president for external relations in North and South America, with a focus on reputation, brand and stakeholder engagement beyond communication strategies. He previously held roles at Ford Motor Company.
Most Read Business Stories
- Blake Nordstrom discloses cancer diagnosis, plans to keep working through treatment
- Sting uses fake Amazon boxes, GPS to catch would-be thieves
- Reality sets in for the long bull market, and Wall Street is right to be afraid | Jon Talton
- Feminist group Lean In has a Sheryl Sandberg problem
- Verizon says 10,400 managers accept buyout offer