MILAN (AP) — Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is tapping executives from Amazon and Shell Oil Company with previous automotive industry experience to fill its ranks.
CEO Mike Manley said in a letter to employees Thursday that Mark Stewart would join FCA as chief operating officer of North America from Amazon, “a company known for its culture of innovation, and obsession with delivering incredible value to customers.”
At Amazon, Stewart led teams focused on advanced robotics, artificial intelligence and automation methods. He previously was COO of ZF TRW automotive components supplier.
Niel Golightly was named head of global communications. He was most recently Shell’s vice president for external relations in North and South America, with a focus on reputation, brand and stakeholder engagement beyond communication strategies. He previously held roles at Ford Motor Company.
Most Read Business Stories
- Property taxes dropping in half of King County cities after years of big increases
- Alaska Air to appeal $78 million judgment over pay for Virgin America flight attendants
- Airbus's A380 failure ripples through its rivalry with Boeing in complex ways
- Cox to sell majority stake in TV stations, including Seattle’s KIRO-TV
- Amazon: Canceled New York jobs likely to go elsewhere; company will 'continue to evaluate' growth in Seattle