NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Wednesday:
FedEx Corp., up $8.53 to $251.07
The shipping company raised its profit forecast after a strong start to the holiday season.
Micron Technology Inc., up $1.77 to $45.75
Most Read Business Stories
- FDA bans Juul e-cigarettes tied to teen vaping surge
- At Microsoft, a back-to-office 'normal' may not happen this year
- Baristas at Seattle's marquee Starbucks reassigned to make way for 'Heritage Markets' ahead of union vote
- The Fed's inflation fight has hit the housing market. Here's what buyers need to know
- Major WA employers commit to maintaining abortion access for employees
The chipmaker’s profit and revenue were better than analysts had expected.
Union Pacific Corp., up $1.44 to $134.68
Industrial companies did better than the rest of the market on Wednesday.
Philip Morris International Inc., down $2.68 to $104.37
Reuters reported on irregularities with clinical studies on the company’s iQOS smoking device, which is being reviewed by regulators.
Red Hat Inc., down $6.86 to $122
The open-source software maker had a solid third quarter, but gave up some of its recent gains.
Winnebago Industries Inc., down $2.65 to $54.75
The recreational vehicle maker had a solid quarter but said its motorized business struggled.
Spectrum Brands Holdings Inc., up $6.98 to $115.25
The consumer products company said it is in talks with its biggest shareholder, HRG Group, about combining.
Salesforce.com Inc., down 87 cents to $103.39
Technology companies, the biggest winners on the market this year, fell Wednesday.