NEW YORK (AP) — Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he’s taking parental leave this month to spend more time with his daughters.
Zuckerberg said on Facebook and Instagram over the weekend that “you’ll hear from me a little less” during this time.
Facebook offers four months of paid parental leave for both mothers and fathers — generous for corporate America, although some tech companies offer more.
The paid leave doesn’t need to be taken at once. Zuckerberg took a month off after his second daughter, August, was born in August. Max was born in 2015.
Most Read Business Stories
- The nicest Sears you've ever seen isn't owned by Sears
- Federal shutdown delays start of commercial passenger flights from Paine Field in Everett
- Why investors should pay attention to Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos’ divorce
- Boeing overhauls quality controls: more high-tech tracking but fewer inspectors
- Boeing's self-flying taxi completes first test flight
When he took his first leave, Zuckerberg wrote that he’s “pretty sure the office will still be standing when I get back.”