NEW YORK (AP) — Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he’s taking parental leave this month to spend more time with his daughters.
Zuckerberg said on Facebook and Instagram over the weekend that “you’ll hear from me a little less” during this time.
Facebook offers four months of paid parental leave for both mothers and fathers — generous for corporate America, although some tech companies offer more.
The paid leave doesn’t need to be taken at once. Zuckerberg took a month off after his second daughter, August, was born in August. Max was born in 2015.
Most Read Business Stories
- Boeing is bullish on commercial jet outlook, plans increase in 767 production
- Seattle-area home-price growth from current boom has surpassed last decade’s bubble
- Big-name movie created with technology from two small Seattle startups WATCH
- Bombardier CSeries set to become just another Airbus jet after deal
- Microsoft names first general counsel in two years
When he took his first leave, Zuckerberg wrote that he’s “pretty sure the office will still be standing when I get back.”