NEW YORK (AP) — Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he’s taking parental leave this month to spend more time with his daughters.
Zuckerberg said on Facebook and Instagram over the weekend that “you’ll hear from me a little less” during this time.
Facebook offers four months of paid parental leave for both mothers and fathers — generous for corporate America, although some tech companies offer more.
The paid leave doesn’t need to be taken at once. Zuckerberg took a month off after his second daughter, August, was born in August. Max was born in 2015.
Most Read Business Stories
- Paul Allen being treated for cancer again: 'I plan on fighting this aggressively'
- Home-security startup Ring is now in Amazon's constellation, but moving in its own orbit
- New L.A.-based owner of Gene Juarez salons wants to expand
- Slowing real estate might let us catch our breath — or knock the wind out of us | Jon Talton
- Hurricane damaged Seattle company's Alaska-bound factory trawler in Florida shipyard
When he took his first leave, Zuckerberg wrote that he’s “pretty sure the office will still be standing when I get back.”