The better-than-expected results pushed the stock of the Seattle logistics services provider up 1.9 percent Tuesday.
Expeditors International on Tuesday reported fourth-quarter profit of $179.2 million, or $1.02 a share
The results, which surpassed Wall Street expectations, pushed the company’s stock up 1.9 percent. The average estimate of six analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for profit of 85 cents a share.
The Seattle-based logistics services provider posted revenue of $2.24 billion in the period, also topping Street forecasts. Four analysts surveyed by Zacks expected $2.13 billion.
For the year, the company reported profit of $618.2 million, or $3.48 a share, on revenue of $8.14 billion.
Most Read Business Stories
- As Seattle's new hotels roll out automation to serve guests, workers worry
- Boeing discovers flaw in sought-after 737 MAX simulator, the same kind that Ethiopian Airlines had
- A war is brewing over lithium mining at the edge of Death Valley VIEW
- Ethiopian Airlines calls criticism of its pilots an effort to 'divert public attention' from Boeing 737 MAX flaws
- Make a home down payment without wrecking your finances