The better-than-expected results pushed the stock of the Seattle logistics services provider up 1.9 percent Tuesday.
Expeditors International on Tuesday reported fourth-quarter profit of $179.2 million, or $1.02 a share
The results, which surpassed Wall Street expectations, pushed the company’s stock up 1.9 percent. The average estimate of six analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for profit of 85 cents a share.
The Seattle-based logistics services provider posted revenue of $2.24 billion in the period, also topping Street forecasts. Four analysts surveyed by Zacks expected $2.13 billion.
For the year, the company reported profit of $618.2 million, or $3.48 a share, on revenue of $8.14 billion.
Most Read Business Stories
- Flawed analysis, failed oversight: How Boeing, FAA certified the suspect 737 MAX flight control system | Times Watchdog
- Belltown penthouse is region’s priciest condo sale ever — and new owners won't even live there
- Doomed jets lacked 2 key safety features that Boeing sold only as extras
- Helicopters rescue Norway cruise ship passengers amid storm VIEW
- Boeing begins new 737 MAX pilot information sessions and defends the jet's cockpit displays