LONDON (AP) — Tesla founder and CEO Elon Musk says the electric car company will make a pickup truck after the release of its next model.
In a message on Twitter late Tuesday, Musk said: “I promise that we will make a pickup truck right after Model Y.” The Model Y is an electric SUV that’s due for release in about two years.
He said the pickup would probably be slightly bigger than a Ford F-150.
Musk, who had previously hinted that a pickup model was due, was responding to suggestions he had solicited through Twitter about what the company could improve.
Most Read Business Stories
- Amid attacks and thefts, some retail workers want to fight back
- Microsoft’s $22 billion combat goggles get crucial field test with U.S. Army
- U.S. home-price growth decelerates for first time since 2021, including Seattle's
- Seattle startup says it's close to cracking nuclear fusion; some experts say otherwise
- EEOC: 2 fired for not joining company Christian prayer
Tesla has mainly focused on producing passenger cars over the past decade but has branched out in recent years. It plans to make electric semis and has invested in battery production.