How are you being affected by the Highway 99 viaduct closing? Please vote in our Friday poll. Stay for the links and haiku.
The first day of ‘Viadoom’ begins, where orcs have closed the path to Mordor and the only alternatives are through the fearsome mines of Wsdot below, guarded by the terrifying Bertha, or on the dreaded Streetgrid or Eyefive above…
Oh, um. Actually, it’s only the two-week closure of the Alaskan Way Viaduct. But this is still a big deal in a car-dependent society, not to mention involving a roadway that’s a link in port logistics.
How is it affecting your work or your business?
This Week’s Links:
Most Read Business Stories
- Amazon and CEO Jeff Bezos challenged on climate change. Here’s how shareholders voted on it and other issues.
- ‘We had executional misses’ — Nordstrom reports decline in profits and sales
- FAA head says Boeing 737 MAX will return to flight, but timetable is uncertain
- Top executive at Boeing’s troubled South Carolina plant is out
- Tesla reduces prices on Models S and X amid stock slump
• The Wall Street economy is draining the real economy | Naked Capitalism
• Millennials are increasingly rejecting voodoo economics | Catherine Rampell
• Stiglitz on inequality, the Fed, Obama and more | The Atlantic
• Record bull market left the U.S. economy behind | Maclean’s
• The world needs more U.S. government debt | Bloomberg View
• Why digital money hasn’t killed cash | The New Yorker
Today’s Econ Haiku:
A bomb on Boeing’s targets
‘Tant pis,’ they would say