The Golden Nugget Casino in Tukwila is being sold by parent company Nevada Gold & Casinos, which has seven other local properties.
The owner of Golden Nugget Casino in Tukwila is selling its assets and will lay off all 69 employees there by the end of June.
The casino “was an underperforming asset in our portfolio,” said Victor Mena, chief operating officer of Washington Gold Casinos, a subsidiary of Las Vegas-based Nevada Gold & Casinos.
The sale of Golden Nugget’s assets is pending, with a purchaser interested in rebranding the casino and opening as a new entity, Mena said.
Many of the 69 current employees there will likely be moved to other casinos in the Puget Sound area owned by Nevada Gold, Mena added.
Most Read Business Stories
- Seattle-area carpenters on strike, slowing construction projects across the region
- Boeing moving 150 jobs from Washington state and California to Texas
- SpaceX launches 4 amateurs on private Earth-circling trip
- Why your food prices keep going up
- After humble beginnings, Oregon's Dutch Bros launches IPO
Those casinos include the Silver Dollar Casinos in SeaTac, Renton and Bothell; the Crazy Moose Casinos in Mountlake Terrace and Pasco; the Club Hollywood Casino in Shoreline; and Royal Casino in Everett.