The business week ahead
TODAY: The National Association of Home Builders releases its housing-market index for March.
TUESDAY: Walla Walla-based Banner Bank holds a special shareholders meeting, asking for approval to create and issue stock for the planned acquisition of Spokane’s AmericanWest Bank, announced in November. … The Commerce Department reports on February housing starts.
WEDNESDAY: Starbucks holds its annual shareholders meeting at Marion Oliver McCaw Hall at Seattle Center. The 10 a.m. event — which in past years has featured grand pageantry with the likes of Oprah and John Legend — usually draws a strong crowd. This year’s gathering comes at a time of raging optimism for the company, whose stock is trading near record highs amid ambitious growth plans. … Federal Reserve policymakers conclude their two-day meeting, held to assess the economy and debate the timing of an interest-rate increase.
THURSDAY: Former Bellevue-based developer and lender Thomas R. Hazelrigg III, a friend and business associate of bankrupt Seattle real-estate magnate Michael Mastro, will be sentenced after being convicted on two counts of tax evasion.
Most Read Business Stories
- Gravity Payments CEO Dan Price resigns
- Apple warns of security flaw for iPhones, iPads and Macs
- Truck drivers for Seattle sandwich maker Homegrown asked for a raise, then came the cameras
- Home appraised with a Black owner: $472,000. With a white owner? $750,000
- Why buying an electric car just became more complicated