DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — A Dubai developer that recently opened the world’s largest indoor theme park now plans an even bigger attraction next door.
The Ilyas and Mustafa Galadari Group said on Tuesday that its planned IMG Worlds of Legends park will spread across more than 2 million square feet (186,000 square meters) near the existing IMG Worlds of Adventure, which opened at the end of August.
The new park will include well-known characters, including Pokemon, Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Dora the Explorer, as well as Mattel’s Barbie and Hot Wheels.
Officials didn’t say how soon the park will open or how much it will cost.
Most Read Business Stories
- New questions emerge around REI CEO's undisclosed relationship
- Fired Amazon employee with Crohn's disease files lawsuit over lack of bathroom access
- Rich Barton returning as Zillow CEO as Spencer Rascoff steps down
- Is your phone always low on battery and chewing through data? 'DrainerBot' could be to blame, Oracle says.
- Tesla Model 3 loses coveted Consumer Reports recommendation
Dubai is building a flurry of new amusement parks and other entertainment venues as it prepares to host the World Expo in 2020.