DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — A Dubai developer that recently opened the world’s largest indoor theme park now plans an even bigger attraction next door.
The Ilyas and Mustafa Galadari Group said on Tuesday that its planned IMG Worlds of Legends park will spread across more than 2 million square feet (186,000 square meters) near the existing IMG Worlds of Adventure, which opened at the end of August.
The new park will include well-known characters, including Pokemon, Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Dora the Explorer, as well as Mattel’s Barbie and Hot Wheels.
Officials didn’t say how soon the park will open or how much it will cost.
Most Read Business Stories
- Employees told they can't wear BLM buttons at Seattle-area Fred Meyer and QFC stores
- Columbia Sportswear is the latest downtown Seattle business to pull out due to the coronavirus
- Amazon offers $500 'Prime Bike,' encroaching on Peloton's niche
- Union for FAA's safety engineers urges more changes to Boeing 737 MAX before it can fly again
- Real estate info site Zillow is hiring its first agents
Dubai is building a flurry of new amusement parks and other entertainment venues as it prepares to host the World Expo in 2020.