GOODLETTSVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Dollar General Corp. (DG) on Thursday reported fiscal first-quarter earnings of $364.9 million.
The Goodlettsville, Tennessee-based company said it had net income of $1.36 per share.
The results did not meet Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of 12 analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for earnings of $1.40 per share.
The discount retailer posted revenue of $6.11 billion in the period, also falling short of Street forecasts. Seven analysts surveyed by Zacks expected $6.19 billion.
Most Read Business Stories
- Goodwill launches sales site featuring luxury brands like Gucci, Prada
- Starbucks fires activist barista for refusing to remove anti-suicide pin
- A 95-square-foot Tokyo apartment: ‘I wouldn’t live anywhere else’
- American Airlines pilots oppose congressional extension for Boeing, demand upgrade
- Amazon won't say what partial corporate hiring freeze means to Seattle
Dollar General expects full-year earnings to be $5.95 to $6.15 per share.
Dollar General shares have increased almost 4 percent since the beginning of the year, while the Standard & Poor’s 500 index has climbed nearly 2 percent. The stock has increased 32 percent in the last 12 months.
This story was generated by Automated Insights (http://automatedinsights.com/ap) using data from Zacks Investment Research. Access a Zacks stock report on DG at https://www.zacks.com/ap/DG