ATLANTA (AP) — The color authorities at Pantone declared violet the color of 2018, and Delta Air Lines is following suit, quite literally.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports the Atlanta-based airline has added a new option dubbed “Passport Plum” to its signature red and blue hues for new uniforms rolling out Tuesday. The Zac Posen-designed outfits are the first revamp of flight attendant and customer service agent uniforms since 2006, and the first for ground workers since 2000.
Delta has more than 60,000 uniformed workers worldwide. Pilot uniforms won’t change.
Posen is appearing Monday at New York’s LaGuardia Airport, around the time the first outfitted crew takes off from Singapore, bound for Tokyo early Tuesday local time. Posen is scheduled to appear at a Delta fashion show at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport on Tuesday.
Most Read Business Stories
- Dispute arises among U.S. pilots on Boeing 737 MAX system linked to Lion Air crash
- Boeing hit with what may be first U.S. suit over Lion Air crash
- U.S. pilots flying 737 MAX weren't told about new automatic systems change linked to Lion Air crash
- FAA evaluates a potential design flaw on Boeing's 737 MAX after Lion Air crash
- Will Amazon's HQ2 sink Seattle's housing market?
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com