ATLANTA (AP) — The color authorities at Pantone declared violet the color of 2018, and Delta Air Lines is following suit, quite literally.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports the Atlanta-based airline has added a new option dubbed “Passport Plum” to its signature red and blue hues for new uniforms rolling out Tuesday. The Zac Posen-designed outfits are the first revamp of flight attendant and customer service agent uniforms since 2006, and the first for ground workers since 2000.
Delta has more than 60,000 uniformed workers worldwide. Pilot uniforms won’t change.
Posen is appearing Monday at New York’s LaGuardia Airport, around the time the first outfitted crew takes off from Singapore, bound for Tokyo early Tuesday local time. Posen is scheduled to appear at a Delta fashion show at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport on Tuesday.
Most Read Business Stories
- Costco takes rotisserie chicken supply chain under its wing
- Judge upholds Seattle cap on move-in fees for renters
- Seattle trucking-tech company Convoy gets $185 million delivery
- UK leader May hits back on Brexit plan; pound falls VIEW
- Ten years ago, WaMu's failure crushed Seattle's last banking giant | Jon Talton
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com