MOLINE, Ill. (AP) — Deere & Co. (DE) on Friday reported fiscal second-quarter profit of $1.21 billion.
The Moline, Illinois-based company said it had net income of $3.67 per share. Earnings, adjusted for pretax gains, came to $3.14 per share.
The results fell short of Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of eight analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for earnings of $3.33 per share.
The agricultural equipment manufacturer posted revenue of $10.72 billion in the period. Its adjusted revenue was $9.75 billion, meeting Street forecasts.
Most Read Business Stories
- Google’s file on me was big, but not as creepy as Facebook’s
- Morning after on the jobs tax: Whether it comes fast or slow, Seattle will face a reckoning | Jon Talton
- In fight over Bombardier CSeries, Boeing loses friends as well as tariff case
- Skilled-labor shortage makes home repairs a headache
- Trump personally pushed postmaster general to double rates on Amazon, other firms
Deere shares have declined 6 percent since the beginning of the year, while the Standard & Poor’s 500 index has increased almost 2 percent. The stock has risen 30 percent in the last 12 months.
This story was generated by Automated Insights (http://automatedinsights.com/ap) using data from Zacks Investment Research. Access a Zacks stock report on DE at https://www.zacks.com/ap/DE