MOLINE, Ill. (AP) — Deere & Co. (DE) on Wednesday reported fiscal fourth-quarter net income of $510.3 million.
The Moline, Illinois-based company said it had profit of $1.57 per share.
The results beat Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of 10 analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for earnings of $1.46 per share.
The agricultural equipment manufacturer posted revenue of $8.02 billion in the period. Its adjusted revenue was $7.09 billion, also topping Street forecasts. Five analysts surveyed by Zacks expected $6.91 billion.
Most Read Business Stories
- Health insurer ordered to stop selling in WA
- Pension deadline could speed retirement of experienced Boeing engineers
- West Seattle, where the city was founded, remains an inviting place
- Pornhub lawsuit ruling could be trouble for Visa, Mastercard
- 4 helpful iPhone and Android tricks you may not know about
For the year, the company reported profit of $2.16 billion, or $6.68 per share. Revenue was reported as $25.89 billion.
Deere shares have increased 35 percent since the beginning of the year, while the Standard & Poor’s 500 index has risen 16 percent. The stock has increased 51 percent in the last 12 months.
This story was generated by Automated Insights (http://automatedinsights.com/ap) using data from Zacks Investment Research. Access a Zacks stock report on DE at https://www.zacks.com/ap/DE