NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily on Thursday:
American Express Co., up $4.47 to $80.02
The company said its credit card members spent more and kept bigger balances on their cards.
CSX Corp., up $2.63 to $49.56
Most Read Stories
- Everett’s bikini baristas head to federal court to argue for freedom of exposure
- Parents, adult son believed dead in Sammamish murder-suicide
- Anthony Bourdain's 'Parts Unknown' came to Seattle: What did you think of the episode?
- Trump: NFL should suspend Oakland Raiders' Marshawn Lynch
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
The railroad announced a strong first quarter and said restructuring and spending cuts will increase its annual profit about 25 percent.
eBay Inc., down $1.32 to $32.53
The online commerce company’s first-quarter results were in line with estimates but investors weren’t impressed.
KCG Holdings Inc., up $2.01 to $19.75
The financial services company accepted a buyout offer from Virtu Financial worth $20 per share, or about $1.33 billion.
Sherwin-Williams Co., up $12.48 to $324.02
The paint and coatings maker raised its profit guidance for the year as paint sales jumped and prices increased.
United Rentals Inc., down $6.21 to $113.24
The equipment rental company reported disappointing sales as prices remain somewhat weak.
Select Comfort Corp., up $7.31 to $33.18
The seller of beds, mattresses and bedding products raised its annual forecasts after a strong first-quarter report.
Alliance Data Systems Corp., up $19.98 to $260.62
The manager of loyalty and rewards programs for retailers and others posted better results than investors expected.