The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has denied Costco Wholesale's request that it reconsider a decision upholding Washington state's...
The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has denied Costco Wholesale’s request that it reconsider a decision upholding Washington state’s rules on beer and wine distribution.
An appeals court panel ruled in January that most of the Prohibition-era laws are valid. The rules include automatic price markups and bans on having alcohol delivered to a warehouse.
Costco hoped to beat the laws in hopes of using its massive buying power to drive down prices.
The court said today that it would not hold a rehearing of the case.
Most Read Business Stories
- Seattle artists worry potential sale of historic INS building could spell the end for their studios
- Fired after organizing, Starbucks baristas turned down a payout and took their bosses to court
- Frontier cancels flight, citing maskless passengers
- 6 Dr. Seuss books won't be published for racist images
- The penthouse atop Smith Tower is on the rental market for the first time