Bellevue-based Coinstar said Thursday it received shareholder approval to change its corporate name to Outerwall.
On Tuesday, it will begin trading under a new Nasdaq ticker symbol, “OUTR.”
Coinstar, which held its annual shareholder meeting Thursday in Bellevue, did not release detailed results of the vote.
The name change reflects Coinstar’s expansion beyond its namesake coin-counting machines. The company also owns the Redbox movie-rental business and is exploring new ventures, including coffee vending machines in partnership with Seattle’s Best Coffee.
Most Read Business Stories
- The penthouse atop Smith Tower is on the rental market for the first time
- Amazon sued by Black manager over alleged racial discrimination and sexual harassment
- Washington state ‘literally failed workers,’ and fixing the unemployment system won't be easy
- Downtowns will be back, but Seattle has choices to make
- Costco, Whole Foods rise in Greenpeace rankings of grocery chains' plastic use
Amy Martinez: 206-464-2923 or firstname.lastname@example.org. On Twitter: @amyemartinez