Outdoor-gear retailer REI could name Jerry Stritzke, a top executive at Coach, as its new chief executive within weeks, the Wall Street Journal reported online Wednesday, citing unnamed sources.
The company is filling a position left open when former CEO Sally Jewell was named Secretary of the Interior earlier this year.
Stritzke, the president and chief operating officer at Coach, is leaving the international marketer of high-end handbags and accessories at the end of August.
An REI spokeswoman said the consumer cooperative’s board has not completed its CEO search. She said it does not comment on rumors or speculation.
Most Read Business Stories
- Thousands line up in Seattle for jobs at Amazon, which has thousands on offer WATCH
- Restaurant company RUI bankruptcy auction canceled for lack of competitive bids
- Amazon-owned Whole Foods cuts healthcare benefits for part-time employees
- FAA chief will assess 737 MAX status in trip to Seattle this week
- After three decades, Seattle's last black-owned funeral home struggles with displacement VIEW
Melissa Allison: 206-464-3312 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Twitter @AllisonSeattle.