Outdoor-gear retailer REI could name Jerry Stritzke, a top executive at Coach, as its new chief executive within weeks, the Wall Street Journal reported online Wednesday, citing unnamed sources.
The company is filling a position left open when former CEO Sally Jewell was named Secretary of the Interior earlier this year.
Stritzke, the president and chief operating officer at Coach, is leaving the international marketer of high-end handbags and accessories at the end of August.
An REI spokeswoman said the consumer cooperative’s board has not completed its CEO search. She said it does not comment on rumors or speculation.
Most Read Business Stories
- Boeing's fix tames the 'tiger' in the 737 MAX flight controls, say experts and critics
- As Boeing's 737 MAX nears a return to service, will flyers return to it?
- Boeing abandons its failed fuselage robots on the 777X, handing the job back to machinists WATCH
- Anatomy of a fraud: Fake billionaire's $6M scams claimed dozens of local victims VIEW
- A paranoid guide to fighting the ‘bugging epidemic’
Melissa Allison: 206-464-3312 or email@example.com. Twitter @AllisonSeattle.