Outdoor-gear retailer REI could name Jerry Stritzke, a top executive at Coach, as its new chief executive within weeks, the Wall Street Journal reported online Wednesday, citing unnamed sources.
The company is filling a position left open when former CEO Sally Jewell was named Secretary of the Interior earlier this year.
Stritzke, the president and chief operating officer at Coach, is leaving the international marketer of high-end handbags and accessories at the end of August.
An REI spokeswoman said the consumer cooperative’s board has not completed its CEO search. She said it does not comment on rumors or speculation.
Most Read Business Stories
- 'They'd just given up' — an inside look at seafarers trapped aboard ships amid COVID-19 restrictions
- Hot, hot summer for Washington home shoppers: Record-breaking prices and a cutthroat market
- Jeff Bezos’ new company linked to $10 billion climate change fund
- Nordstrom uses influencers to highlight COVID safety measures, reassure anxious shoppers
- If you're in love with Trader Joe's, its stances can also break your heart
Melissa Allison: 206-464-3312 or email@example.com. Twitter @AllisonSeattle.