Chile's largest airline says it is purchasing four Boeing 767 aircraft for $636 million. LAN Airlines SA has told the stock regulation agency...
SANTIAGO, Chile — Chile’s largest airline says it is purchasing four Boeing 767 aircraft for $636 million.
LAN Airlines SA has told the stock regulation agency that the accord signed with Boeing includes an option for the purchase of two more similar aircraft in 2013.
Monday’s filing says that LAN decided to buy the planes because of delays in the delivery of Boeing 787 Dreamliner planes that were supposed to start arriving in 2011.
It did not say when those aircraft will be delivered.
Most Read Business Stories
- 55,000 in Washington state may have to pay back thousands in jobless benefits
- 1 house, 45 offers: Homebuyers in Western Washington hard-pressed as supply remains scarce
- Boeing CEO gave up millions in pay; here's what he and other top execs earned
- Jeff Bezos gets fraction of legal fees from girlfriend’s brother
- Highlights of the $1.9T COVID bill nearing final passage
LAN says the operation is part of its long-term fleet renewal plan.