Liberty Media plans to combine Celebrate with its BuySeasons.com unit, which sells Halloween costumes.
Liberty Media’s purchase of Kirkland-based Celebrate Express is expected to become final Friday after a majority of shareholders approved the deal this morning.
It is still unclear what will happen to Celebrate’s Kirkland headquarters.
Englewood, Colo.-based Liberty Media, an owner of various e-commerce businesses, announced in June that it planned to buy Celebrate for $31 million, or $3.90 a share — a 70 percent premium over the company’s closing price at the time. Liberty said it would combine Celebrate with its BuySeasons.com unit, which sells Halloween costumes.
Founded in 1994, Celebrate is an Internet and catalog retailer of party supplies.
Most Read Business Stories
- The penthouse atop Smith Tower is on the rental market for the first time
- Washington state ‘literally failed workers,’ and fixing the unemployment system won't be easy
- Downtowns will be back, but Seattle has choices to make
- The wave of COVID-19 bankruptcies has begun
- Boutique cruise line Windstar will move its Seattle headquarters to Miami
Amy Martinez: 206-464-2923 or firstname.lastname@example.org