A certificate of deposit ladder may provide a good way to gain a step up on the personal-finance climb.
A CD ladder involves setting up CDs at different maturity periods, allowing an investor to take advantage of interest rates spread out over time.
Once the first CD matures after a year, it can be reinvested as a new ladder rung.
If you’re interested in how a CD ladder works, several websites offer good information on the topic.
Most Read Business Stories
- Boeing 747 engine catches fire, drops parts over the Netherlands, injuring 2
- Boeing 757 bound for Seattle makes emergency landing
- Seattle among top markets as U.S. home prices increase by double-digit percentages for the first time in years
- Will downtown Seattle bounce back after the pandemic?
- Another top Amazon executive to leave company
CDRateGuide.com: Discusses the basic approach to building a CD-ladder portfolio. cdrateguide.com/investor-info/cd-ladder
Interest.com: Provides a brief CD-ladder overview and calculator. interest.com/cd-rates/calculators/cd-ladder-calculator
Investopedia: Covers a variety of CD-ladder topics, including laddering basics, considerations and benefits. investopedia.com/articles/bonds/07/ladders.asp
MainStreet: Explains how CD laddering works, and how to set one up. mainstreet.com/article/money/investing/building-cd-ladder-steady-income
The Street: Focuses on developing a CD-ladder strategy. thestreet.com/story/10463459/1/setting-the-strongest-cd-laddering-strategy.html