FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky officials say a bus manufacturer plans to create up to 550 full-time jobs by opening a parts-production operation in Bullitt County.
Gov. Matt Bevin’s office said Thursday that New Flyer of America Inc. intends to invest $40 million to lease and upgrade a facility in Shepherdsville. Officials say the company expects to begin work on the project this month and to be in full operation by the end of 2019.
The Kentucky operation will support the company’s efforts to boost in-house production of components.
New Flyer of America is a U.S. subsidiary of New Flyer Industries Inc. The company offers a line of transit buses and is a player in the motor coach market.
Most Read Business Stories
- United gives $10,000 travel voucher to 'bumped' passenger
- No rescue by Congress for $75M fishing boat in Anacortes that can’t fish in U.S. waters
- Whole Foods reportedly laying off regional marketing staff, store graphic artists
- Florida, salmon farmer to the world? Firm building massive cold-water fish farm on tropical land
- American Airlines ends talks with Airbus, in likely victory for Boeing 787
The company is eligible for up to $8.5 million in tax incentives preliminarily approved by the Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority.