FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky officials say a bus manufacturer plans to create up to 550 full-time jobs by opening a parts-production operation in Bullitt County.
Gov. Matt Bevin’s office said Thursday that New Flyer of America Inc. intends to invest $40 million to lease and upgrade a facility in Shepherdsville. Officials say the company expects to begin work on the project this month and to be in full operation by the end of 2019.
The Kentucky operation will support the company’s efforts to boost in-house production of components.
New Flyer of America is a U.S. subsidiary of New Flyer Industries Inc. The company offers a line of transit buses and is a player in the motor coach market.
Most Read Business Stories
- Amy Hood won back Wall Street and helped reboot Microsoft
- Some Pacific Northwest CEOs earn 200 or 400 times what the average employee is paid
- Your password has likely been stolen. Here's what to do about it.
- More people are buying a home — the biggest financial decision of their lives — sight unseen
- Women outlive men, so why do they retire earlier?
The company is eligible for up to $8.5 million in tax incentives preliminarily approved by the Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority.