Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway is adding The Roanoke, Va., Times to its growing group of small and medium-sized newspapers.
Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway is adding The Roanoke, Va., Times to its growing group of small and medium-sized newspapers.
Berkshire announced Thursday it was acquiring The Times from Landmark Media Enterprises. It will be Berkshire’s 30th daily newspaper.
Financial terms were not disclosed. Berkshire says The Roanoke Times has daily circulation of 76,000 and Sunday circulation of 90,000.
Buffett told shareholders earlier this month that Berkshire should earn decent returns of about 10 percent on the newspapers because it is buying them at such cheap prices.
Most Read Business Stories
- 55,000 in Washington state may have to pay back thousands in jobless benefits
- 1 house, 45 offers: Homebuyers in Western Washington hard-pressed as supply remains scarce
- Boeing CEO gave up millions in pay; here's what he and other top execs earned
- Amazon's telehealth arm quietly expands to 21 more states
- Jeff Bezos gets fraction of legal fees from girlfriend’s brother
But he says newspaper earnings will keep declining, and the newspapers won’t make much difference to Berkshire overall profits because they are relatively small compared to the conglomerate.