The Federal Aviation Adminstration will consolidate several offices in the Renton area to a new leased regional headquarters in Des Moines, with space for 1,600 employees.
The Federal Aviation Adminstration (FAA) will move its regional headquarters from Renton to Des Moines, Wash., the federal government announced Wednesday.
Currently, about 1,425 employees work at a number of leased office space locations around the FAA’s Northwest Mountain Region headquarters in Renton.
When completed in 2017, the leased Des Moines building will provide workspace for about 1,600 people.
The General Services Administration GSA said Wednesday it had chosen Des Moines Creek Business Park, south of Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, after a selection process that also considered Kent, Sea-Tac and the existing Renton site as alternatives.
Most Read Business Stories
- Two WA cities among ‘most popular’ U.S. housing markets, Zillow report says
- Amazon shareholders approve $212M payout to CEO Jassy, reject worker safety, climate initiatives
- Alaska pilots authorize future strike if talks and mediation fail
- Boeing gears up to renew its safety culture after 737 MAX crashes
- Workers in office feel least connected, countering RTO claims
Panattoni Development will build the new headquarters.