The Federal Aviation Adminstration will consolidate several offices in the Renton area to a new leased regional headquarters in Des Moines, with space for 1,600 employees.
The Federal Aviation Adminstration (FAA) will move its regional headquarters from Renton to Des Moines, Wash., the federal government announced Wednesday.
Currently, about 1,425 employees work at a number of leased office space locations around the FAA’s Northwest Mountain Region headquarters in Renton.
When completed in 2017, the leased Des Moines building will provide workspace for about 1,600 people.
The General Services Administration GSA said Wednesday it had chosen Des Moines Creek Business Park, south of Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, after a selection process that also considered Kent, Sea-Tac and the existing Renton site as alternatives.
Most Read Business Stories
- These businesses found a way around the worker shortage: A big boost in wages
- A federal college loan program can trap parents in debt
- Amazon is about to share your internet connection with neighbors; here's how to turn it off
- Winning auction bid to fly in space with Jeff Bezos: $28M
- Apple's tightly controlled App Store is teeming with scams
Panattoni Development will build the new headquarters.