The Federal Aviation Adminstration will consolidate several offices in the Renton area to a new leased regional headquarters in Des Moines, with space for 1,600 employees.
The Federal Aviation Adminstration (FAA) will move its regional headquarters from Renton to Des Moines, Wash., the federal government announced Wednesday.
Currently, about 1,425 employees work at a number of leased office space locations around the FAA’s Northwest Mountain Region headquarters in Renton.
When completed in 2017, the leased Des Moines building will provide workspace for about 1,600 people.
The General Services Administration GSA said Wednesday it had chosen Des Moines Creek Business Park, south of Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, after a selection process that also considered Kent, Sea-Tac and the existing Renton site as alternatives.
Most Read Business Stories
- Instacart shoppers besieged by bots that snatch lucrative orders
- Agency: Nearly 87,000 bogus unemployment claims filed in Washington state
- Alaska Airlines warns nearly 1,600 Washington state employees of COVID-19-driven fall layoffs
- FAA finalizes its plan for the return of Boeing's 737 MAX
- Clorox becomes 'it' brand in world sheltered in place, fearful of virus
Panattoni Development will build the new headquarters.