TIVERTON, R.I. (AP) — The road that the leads to a new casino being built in Rhode Island is being given a name that will make it easier to find.
The Newport Daily News reports that Tiverton’s planning board granted a request from the Twin River-Tiverton casino to reclassify the driveway into the project as a private road called Tiverton Casino Boulevard.
Casino attorney Mark Russo says the name will make it easier to find the place and allow the owners to place road signs directing people to it.
The vote was 6-0 with one board member abstaining.
Most Read Business Stories
- Pandemic buying hangover leaves liquidation warehouses packed
- Amazon is becoming a health care company. What does that mean for you?
- Pornhub lawsuit ruling could be trouble for Visa, Mastercard
- Starbucks fruit drinks not as fruity as claimed, suit says
- Walmart heir acquires Everett's Flying Heritage Museum from Paul Allen's estate
The project with 1,000 slot machines, 32 table games and an 84-room hotel just a few hundred feet from the Massachusetts border is scheduled to open Oct. 1.
Information from: The Newport Daily News.