TaxACT, a subsidiary of Blucora, said Friday that it’s acquiring Bellevue-based Balance Financial, which provides Web-based personal finance management tools.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Bellevue-based Blucora, which used to be called InfoSpace, now operates online search business InfoSpace, as well as tax-preparation software company TaxACT.
Balance Financial’s offerings complement TaxACT’s services that are expanding beyond just tax return filings and into areas such as estate planning, according to a news release from Blucora.
Most Read Business Stories
- FAA safety engineer goes public to slam the agency's oversight of Boeing's 737 MAX
- 55,000 in Washington state may have to pay back thousands in jobless benefits
- MacKenzie Scott marries Seattle teacher after Bezos divorce
- 1 house, 45 offers: Homebuyers in Western Washington hard-pressed as supply remains scarce
- Boeing CEO gave up millions in pay; here's what he and other top execs earned
In the future, it is intended that Balance Financial and TaxACT will develop a suite of complementary online tools for each of the two businesses.
Balance Financial co-founder and CEO Devin Miller will continue to lead product development and management of the business, while the company and its 11 employees will continue to operate out of their current office in Bellevue.
TaxACT will remain in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.