Struggling smartphone maker BlackBerry has unveiled its new Z30, touting it as the company's biggest, fastest and most advanced smartphone.
Struggling smartphone maker BlackBerry has unveiled its new Z30, touting it as the company’s biggest, fastest and most advanced smartphone.
The all-touch smartphone comes with a 5-inch display and BlackBerry’s largest battery so far. BlackBerry says it’s designed for people looking for a smartphone geared toward communications, messaging and productivity.
The company’s full Documents To Go suite comes preinstalled and the phone runs on the latest version of the BlackBerry 10 operating system.
The Z30 is set to initially launch next week in the U.K. and Middle East, along with the rest of the world before the holiday season.
Most Read Business Stories
- The penthouse atop Smith Tower is on the rental market for the first time
- Downtowns will be back, but Seattle has choices to make
- Washington state ‘literally failed workers,’ and fixing the unemployment system won't be easy
- Boutique cruise line Windstar will move its Seattle headquarters to Miami
- J&J’s 1-dose shot cleared, giving US 3rd COVID-19 vaccine
The launch comes as the Canadian smartphone maker continues to ponder a possible sale of the company amid tough competition from fellow smartphone makers like Apple Inc. and Samsung.