Starbucks: You can buy about two grande peppermint mocha twist frappuccinos (at $4.10 each) for one share of Starbucks stock and have some tip money left over.
Nordstrom: A $148 Calvin Klein Satin Dress is equal to about 12 ½ shares of Nordstrom stock.
Jones Soda: About three shares of Jones Soda stock, plus change, can get you a bottle of its Berry Lemonade at $1.19 a bottle.
Most Read Business Stories
- 1 house, 45 offers: Homebuyers in Western Washington hard-pressed as supply remains scarce
- 55,000 in Washington state may have to pay back thousands in jobless benefits
- Boeing made an entire fake neighborhood to hide its bombers from potential WWII airstrikes
- Seattle artists worry potential sale of historic INS building could spell the end for their studios
- Frontier cancels flight, citing maskless passengers
Whiplash:How low can it go?
The Dow Jones industrial average closed Nov. 20 at
CDO — Collateralized debt obligation
CDS — Credit default swap
TARP — Troubled Assets Relief Program
FHA — Federal Housing Administration
Play Microsoft’s name game
D. Safari 95. The other names have been attached to various generations of Windows.
C. Boeing has booked 910 orders for its 787, as of Dec. 1, including 93 orders in 2008, according to Boeing.
Pump it upC. Gas prices hit an all-time time of $4.114 on July 17. (U.S. average for a gallon of regular, unleaded gas, according to AAA.)
Compiled by Seattle Times business news staffers Becky Bisbee, Bill Kossen and Rami Grunbaum.