BOSTON (AP) — Former President Bill Clinton is scheduled to speak at a major conference on environmentally friendly construction in Boston.
The Democrat is slated to give the keynote address Thursday evening at the Greenbuild International Conference and Expo, which bills itself as the world’s largest green building conference.
The event was founded in 2002 and is run by the U.S. Green Building Council, a nonprofit that developed the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, or LEED, rating system.
The gathering opened Wednesday and runs through Friday at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center. American astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson is scheduled to give the keynote speech Friday.
Most Read Business Stories
- Troublesome advanced engines for Boeing, Airbus jets have disrupted airlines and shaken travelers
- Pricey Seattle apartment tower ripping out pipes to fix leaks, as tenants fume
- Acumatica bags $25 million investment round to fund growth plans
- Repealing head tax, Seattle avoids walking into the propeller | Jon Talton
- Lab-grown meats backed by Bill Gates, Tyson Foods face U.S. oversight
Greenbuild draws architects, interior designers, contractors, property owners, developers, engineers and government officials, as well as hundreds of suppliers and manufacturers involved in environmentally responsible construction.