OREM, Utah (AP) — A Utah developer has announced plans to build a new complex to house more than 1,000 students at Utah Valley University in Orem, knock down an existing building near Brigham Young University in Provo and remodel another one.
The (Provo) Daily Herald reports that Nelson Brothers Professional Real Estate plans to build the 1,200-bed University Downs on six acres west of Interstate 15 in Orem.
It will include a 10-story housing tower with two-adjacent, six-story buildings, one of which will be dedicated to married student housing. It also will have a 10-story parking structure. It’s expected to break ground this summer and open in about two years.
Near BYU, the plan is to connect Park Plaza Apartments with what will be built on the 9 and 9 Lofts property after that structure is knocked down in the spring of 2018.
Most Read Business Stories
- Boeing wants more workers in the office to ramp up production. Not everyone wants to go back
- What you must know to ‘grin and bear’ this market
- Microsoft says employees will continue to have access to abortion and gender-affirming care anywhere in the U.S.
- Abandoned Boeing 747 to be auctioned off
- How many writes can a solid-state hard drive take; can 'dead zones' on Windows 11 be fixed | Q&A with Patrick Marshall
Information from: The Daily Herald, http://www.heraldextra.com