OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — The first online broadcast of Berkshire Hathaway’s annual shareholder meeting was viewed 1.8 million times.
Yahoo Finance broadcast the meeting Saturday where Berkshire Chairman and CEO Warren Buffett and Vice Chairman Charlie Munger answered questions for more than five hours.
Buffett’s wit and his successful investing record while building Berkshire into a conglomerate that owns more than 90 companies and employs over 350,000 always attract a crowd.
In addition to the online audience, Buffett says roughly 40,000 people attended the event in Omaha.
Most Read Business Stories
- Amazon executives accused by FTC of helping deceive Prime users
- Why U.S. hotels are missing more than 238,000 employees
- Germany went from first to worst. What happened?
- First private US passenger rail line in 100 years is about to link Miami and Orlando at high speed
- Biden uses executive power to create a New Deal-style American Climate Corps
Yahoo Finance says there were 1.1 million unique viewers of the broadcast worldwide. The meeting broadcast was offered in English and Mandarin.
Replays of the meeting will be available for the next 30 days at http://yhoo.it/BRKLive .