Wolters Kluwer's purchase of Bellevue-based IntelliTax, formerly Orr Software, could eliminate 150 jobs.
Up to 150 jobs in Bellevue may be eliminated after IntelliTax, formerly known as Orr Software, was acquired by a unit of global publishing firm Wolters Kluwer.
CCH Small Firm Services, a Georgia-based unit of Wolters Kluwer, said Friday it has acquired IntelliTax. It said the local company provided tax-compliance software to 4,000 small professional firms, a market also served by CCH.
The Washington state Employment Security Department said it had received a WARN notice covering 150 IntelliTax workers. Of those employees, 111 are expected to be laid off as of Oct. 24, according to department spokeswoman Jennifer Peppin.
CCH spokesman Gene Goldenberg could not be reached late Friday for comment on the company’s plans. Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
Most Read Business Stories
- The penthouse atop Smith Tower is on the rental market for the first time
- Amazon sued by Black cloud-computing manager, over alleged racial discrimination and sexual harassment
- Washington state ‘literally failed workers,’ and fixing the unemployment system won't be easy
- Downtowns will be back, but Seattle has choices to make
- Costco, Whole Foods rise in Greenpeace rankings of grocery chains' plastic use