LONDON (AP) — Bank of England workers are set to go on strike Tuesday for the first time in 50 years.
Last-ditch talks on Monday failed to avert the three-day strike over what they say was a pay offer that was below the inflation rate.
Members of the Unite union blamed Bank of England Governor Mark Carney for the breakdown in talks.
The workers, many of whom work in security and maintenance, planned to protest outside the central bank wearing masks bearing the governor’s image.
Most Read Business Stories
- When private jets ferry billionaires to small-town Idaho
- High court declines to take up fight over airline crew rest
- How full does SSD need to be before Windows begins to slow? Can Windows 11 be reset to default settings?
- Alaska used-car prices run amok in a 'ridiculous' market
- She bought a house in Seattle for $36,000 in 1973. How can she release some cash?