Royal Caribbean Cruises and Etsy surge while Tailored Brands and Michaels fall
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Thursday:
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., up $5.52 to $113.50
The company said it will pay $1 billion for a 66.7 percent stake in Silversea Cruises.
Etsy Inc., up $8.66 to $41.65
Most Read Business Stories
- Boeing wins big freighter jet order as FedEx bets on continued air cargo recovery
- Microsoft employees call on company to cancel contract with ICE
- Starbucks lowers profit forecast, speeds closures of poorly performing stores
- High rents, minimum wages and economic alarm bells | Jon Talton
- Jet-engine explosion triggered chaotic 2015 Las Vegas fire, NTSB report says
The online marketplace said it is raising its fees and also increased its annual revenue forecast.
Tailored Brands Inc., down $7.26 to $26.19
After a big rally over the last few months, the clothing retailer slumped after saying its profit margins decreased.
Michaels Cos., down $3.07 to $18.86
The arts and crafts chain gave disappointing profit and revenue forecasts for the year.
Comcast Corp., up $1.50 to $33.82
The cable company formally offered $65 billion to buy several units of Twenty-First Century Fox.
Mylan NV, down $2.16 to $39.51
The drugmaker said the FDA isn’t ready to approve its generic version of the asthma treatment Advair Diskus.
Charter Communications Inc., up $10.59 to $295.61
Media companies extended their rally after the approval of AT&T’s purchase of Time Warner and Comcast’s offer for parts of Fox.
Nvidia Corp., up $4.51 to $266.91
Technology companies fared better than the rest of the market Thursday as investors gave the economy a vote of confidence.