Royal Caribbean Cruises and Etsy surge while Tailored Brands and Michaels fall
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Thursday:
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., up $5.52 to $113.50
The company said it will pay $1 billion for a 66.7 percent stake in Silversea Cruises.
Etsy Inc., up $8.66 to $41.65
Most Read Business Stories
- Facing populist assault, global elites regroup in Davos
- 5 investment tips from Vanguard founder John Bogle
- King County property tax bills are coming, and the housing market slowdown won't lower your bill
- After Paul Allen's death, Stratolaunch cuts sharply back — but giant plane will still fly WATCH
- Alaska Airlines flight diversion leads to a 30-hour nightmare for passengers WATCH
The online marketplace said it is raising its fees and also increased its annual revenue forecast.
Tailored Brands Inc., down $7.26 to $26.19
After a big rally over the last few months, the clothing retailer slumped after saying its profit margins decreased.
Michaels Cos., down $3.07 to $18.86
The arts and crafts chain gave disappointing profit and revenue forecasts for the year.
Comcast Corp., up $1.50 to $33.82
The cable company formally offered $65 billion to buy several units of Twenty-First Century Fox.
Mylan NV, down $2.16 to $39.51
The drugmaker said the FDA isn’t ready to approve its generic version of the asthma treatment Advair Diskus.
Charter Communications Inc., up $10.59 to $295.61
Media companies extended their rally after the approval of AT&T’s purchase of Time Warner and Comcast’s offer for parts of Fox.
Nvidia Corp., up $4.51 to $266.91
Technology companies fared better than the rest of the market Thursday as investors gave the economy a vote of confidence.