NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Tuesday:
PepsiCo, up $5.13 to $112.89
The beverage company posted a larger second-quarter profit than analysts expected.
Chevron Corp., up $1.60 to $127.59
Most Read Business Stories
- As Seattle home prices dip, outer reaches of metro area are humming along
- Starbucks plans corporate shake-up and layoffs, starting with senior execs
- H-1B spouses’ work ban rule coming within three months, feds say
- Walmart tells leafy-green suppliers to start using blockchain
- NTSB faults Air Canada pilots for last year's near disaster WATCH
Energy company stocks rose Tuesday as oil prices increased.
J.M. Smucker Co., down $1.77 to $109.14
The food company is selling its baking business, which includes the Pillsbury brand.
Simply Good Foods Co., up $1.73 to $16.88
The nutritional foods company disclosed better sales than Wall Street expected.
Lowe’s Cos., up $2.05 to $99.01
The home improvement retailer’s chief operating officer and other top executives will leave as part of a management shakeup.
Tesla Inc., up $3.96 to $322.47
The electric car maker said it will build its first factory outside the United States in Shanghai.
Ameriprise Financial Inc., down 93 cents to $144.83
Banks and other financial companies lagged the market on Tuesday after big gains the day before.
Marten Transport Ltd., down $1.10 to $23.25
Smaller and more U.S.-focused companies declined as a five-day winning streak came to an end.