Etsy bumps fees and revenue outlook, sending shares surging
BROOKLYN, N.Y. (AP) — Etsy’s stock soared on Thursday after the online crafts company announced an increase in fees and boosted its revenue outlook for the year.
The Brooklyn company that the transaction fee charged when a person or business makes a sale will rise from 3.5 percent, to 5 percent. It will also apply to the shipping cost. The fee will be increased starting on July 16.
Etsy Inc. has 2 million active sellers and nearly 35 million active buyers.
The company now sees 2018 revenue growth of between 32 percent and 34 percent. Its prior forecast was for 22 percent to 24 percent growth.
Most Read Business Stories
- Dispute arises among U.S. pilots on Boeing 737 MAX system linked to Lion Air crash
- U.S. pilots flying 737 MAX weren't told about new automatic systems change linked to Lion Air crash
- Credit-card mistake slams Nordstrom's third-quarter profit
- FAA evaluates a potential design flaw on Boeing's 737 MAX after Lion Air crash
- Millennials are disrupting Thanksgiving with their tiny turkeys
Shares jumped $8.66, or more than 26 percent, to close at $41.65. The stock has doubled in the year to date.