CHICAGO (AP) — An American Airlines flight from Chicago to Tokyo was forced to return to O’Hare International Airport due to a cracked windshield.
An airline spokeswoman says the Boeing 787-8 aircraft was carrying 164 passengers and 13 crew members at the time of the Monday incident. The airliner made an emergency landing minutes after taking off.
The spokeswoman notes the multiple-layered windshield remained in place despite the crack. She said maintenance workers will evaluate the aircraft and the airline will work to get the customers to their destination “as quickly and safely as we can.”
No injuries resulted from the incident.
Most Read Business Stories
- Amazon: Canceled New York jobs likely to go elsewhere; company will 'continue to evaluate' growth in Seattle
- Airbus's A380 failure ripples through its rivalry with Boeing in complex ways
- Record 7 million Americans are 3 months behind on car payments, a red flag for economy
- REI CEO Jerry Stritzke resigns, saying he failed to disclose a 'personal' relationship
- Delta's Seattle-based employees get $47 million in bonuses