Amazon.com Inc. is buying PillPack, an online pharmacy that offers pre-sorted dose packaging and home delivery.
Financial terms weren’t disclosed.
Amazon said Thursday PillPack offers a combination of deep pharmacy experience and a focus on technology.
The company, which has its primary pharmacy in Manchester, New Hampshire, ships to all states except Hawaii.
Most Read Business Stories
- Here's a question: How much are you willing to pay for a burger or burrito?
- Google team that keeps services online rocked by mental health crisis
- Blake Nordstrom inducted posthumously into Seattle's walk of fame
- Stranded sailors rely on this Walmart of the seas. COVID made it hard to stay afloat
- Seattle concrete strike continues after union calls mediation a 'failure'
The companies expect to close the deal later this year.
In premarket trading, shares of drugstore chains Walgreens, CVS and Rite Aid slid.