CUPERTINO, Calif. (AP) — Apple is marking World AIDS Day by giving more than 400 of its stores a makeover in red.
Apple says that stores on five continents are turning their logos red or featuring red window decals on Thursday in an effort to raise visibility for World AIDS Day. It’s also launching new products and efforts to support (RED), a multi-brand effort aimed at raising money to fight the spread of the disease in Africa.
The tech giant is adding four new (RED)-themed products to its lineup, including iPhone cases and Beats headphones. Some popular games in Apple’s App Store are offering (RED)-themed in-app purchases. Apple also says it will donate up to $1 million to (RED) from money raised through Apple Pay.
Apple is marking its 10th year of partnering with (RED).
Most Read Stories
- ICE agents arrest man inside Oregon house without warrant
- Instant analysis: Three thoughts from the Seahawks' romp over the Giants at MetLife Stadium
- I-5’s Uncle Sam: 50 years and still ticked off near Chehalis
- Analysis | Three thoughts from No. 15 WSU's 28-0 win over Colorado
- Seahawks gain control of their emotions, and the ball, to finally break loose from Giants, 24-7