Apple says that hackers may have gained access to personal information of software developers who make the company's apps.
Apple says that hackers may have gained access to personal information of software developers who make the company’s apps.
Apple Inc. says its website for software developers was hacked Thursday. It’s possible that some developers’ names, mailing or e-mail addresses was accessed, although other information was encrypted and can’t be accessed. The company says it took the site down immediately on Thursday and has been working on fixing the problem since.
Apple says it is overhauling its developer systems, updating its server software and rebuilding its database to prevent such security threats.
The Cupertino, Calif., company did not say how many developers were affected. The iOS, Mac and other developer sites are still down Monday.
Most Read Business Stories
- The penthouse atop Smith Tower is on the rental market for the first time
- Downtowns will be back, but Seattle has choices to make
- US advisers endorse single-shot COVID-19 vaccine from J&J
- Zillow’s price estimates are now cash offers in homebuying push
- Seattle rents tick back up after months of free fall